Each WordPress site hosted on our platform have dedicated PHP process with a support multiple PHP versions. Unlike others who use FastCGI/PHP-FPM, we use Litespeed LSAPI suExec ProcessGroup witch is the fastest PHP processing setup.
To select your PHP version go to Site->Settings->PHP tab.
When you change the PHP version, PHP variables are not copied from the previous version, so you may check and compare the settings.
We give you opportunities to change some PHP runtime variables or enable extra modules needed for some plugins. To do that, go to Site->Settings->PHP tab.
- Max Idle PHP (sec) – maximum time in seconds that a PHP process can stay idle. After this period, PHP process will be shut down.
- allow_url_fopen – this variable is needed for many WordPress plugins to work properly.
- apc.entries_hint – maximum objects cached in APCu object-cache.
- apc.shm_size – maximum size used by APCu cache.
- display_errors – display PHP errors, visible to visitors. In most cases, this should be off.
- enable_extensions – enable extra extensions. Current options are ioncube_loader and MySQL PDO.
- error_reporting – error reporting level. We recommend E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING
- log_errors – log errors on the disk.
- max_execution_time – maximum execution time per PHP request.
- max_input_vars – This should be left with default value except for sites with insane large menus.
- memory_limit – maximum memory limit per PHP request.
- opcache.memory_consumption – maximum memory limit for OpCode cache.
- post_max_size – maximum post size. This value should always be at least 1MB larger than upload_max_filesize.
- upload_max_filesize – maximum upload size. This value should always be at least 1MB smaller than post_max_size.
If you do not find some variable that you need, contact us.
Once an old PHP version hit “end of life” status AND we officially not support it, we will automatically migrate all WordPress applications to the next version. We will inform you 1 month before changing your version, so in case newer PHP version is making errors on your site, you can have enough time to fix it.
You can check PHP version statuses on official PHP website.