- Us, We, Our – Closte LLC is the publisher and operator of the web site https://closte.com/, and is referred to as “closte.com”. “us”, “we”, “our”, “ours”, etc. refer to Closte LLC. “The SITE” or “SITE” refers to https://closte.com/.
- You, the User – This Policy will refer to the user as “you” or “yours”, etc.
- This Policy describes how we use information received about you when you visit our SITE or when you subscribe to or otherwise use our online services. This Policy does not cover any information that we may receive from or about you through channels other than through the use of the SITE.
- Users who reside in the EEA are invited to read our GDPR Privacy.
CHILDRENS ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT Compliance and Non-Applicability Statement.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act applies to the online collection of personal information from children under the age of 13. Closte.com does not collect any personal information about children under the age of 13. Our SITE is not designed for children under 13, and children under the age of 13 are not authorized to access or use our services. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will endeavor to purge any such information as soon as possible.
II. Revisions to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Last Modified set forth above. We reserve the right to revise, amend, or modify this Policy and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. We will post any updates to this Policy on our SITE. You should periodically check for any modifications of this Policy by re-visiting this web page. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our SITE
III. Information that we collect
Visitors to our SITE and services will have multiple manners of interacting with us. Depending upon your level of interaction, we will collect different information about you. We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our SITE. The type of information collected is as follows:
- Members – Members are those users who subscribe to our services will be prompted to provide their name, their address, their age, their phone number, and any other necessary billing information.
- Posters – Posters are visitors to our SITE who choose to register to post information in our public forums. We collect your email address and the password you create for your account when you register, and we also collect information about your posts to our forums. Any information entered voluntarily by the Poster on one of our forums should be considered public information or information that is publicly available. If you do not wish for information to be made public, you should not enter it into your user profile when registering as a Poster.
- All SITE users and visitors – We automatically collect the following information from all users and visitors to our SITE through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit or use our SITE; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our SITE. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your username, name, and other personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
- Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our SITE, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our SITE and service, including for online advertising purposes.
- Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our SITE who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the SITE, but some features may not function.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your device’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our SITE to, among other things, track the activities of SITE visitors and users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about SITE usage. We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
- Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third Party Ad Network section.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our SITE or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt-out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
V. How we use your information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, such as displaying information on your use of our cloud services, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the SITE.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our SITE, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our SITE and services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires.
- To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
- To protect the safety, rights, property, or security of Closte, our services, any third party, or the general public; to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; to prevent or stop activity that Closte, in its sole discretion, may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity; to use as evidence in litigation; to conduct audits; and to enforce this Policy, our Acceptable Use Policy, and our Terms of Service.
VI. How We Disclose Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Forum Users. If you create an account to use one of our forums, your forum profile, Closte directory information, and any information you post on one of our forums will be available to other forum users and all SITE visitors.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, digital wallet companies, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If we are or may be acquired by or merged with another company, if any of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or another legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, Acceptable Use Policy, or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which Closte is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
VII. Transmittals from Us
We may send you periodic announcements including the details of our existing and new programs. You may opt out of these announcements by contacting email@example.com or by clicking the opt-out link at the bottom of these emails. If you opt out of these marketing emails, you may still receive system notices and other information that is specifically related to your account.
VIII. Public Forums, Member Directories, and Internal Messaging:
- Public Forums – Any information posted to a Forum should immediately be considered to be public information.
- Member Directories – Any information provided in a user profile, Member directory, or another related service should be considered to be public information. We do not, can not, and will not act to maintain the privacy of any information that you provide in any such forum or medium.
- Internal Messaging – We provide an internal messaging system for use between Members of our SITE. Any information that you send via this internal messaging system is not secure and is not considered to be private information. You should use caution when sending any personal information over the internal messaging system, and you should not transmit any information that you would not wish to see disclosed to the general public.
IX. Security of Your Information.
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For example, we take measures, including data encryption, to protect the transmission of sensitive end-user information. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information. We take reasonable measures to prevent such breaches of security, but given the resourcefulness of cyber-criminals, we are unable to guarantee that our security is 100% breach-proof. You assume the risk of such breaches to the extent that they occur despite our reasonable security measures.
X. How to Access or Modify Your Information.
We offer our Members the opportunity to access or modify information provided during registration. To access or modify such information, contact our Customer Service Department at https://closte.com/contact-us/
If you have any questions about this Policy or the practices described herein, you may contact us at https://closte.com/contact-us/